Monday, April 22, 2013

Windy Gap: Raleigh Family Camp


The Rouse house Playing dress up
Clint and I had the great privilege to do program for Raleigh, Western Wake, and Little Washington Family Camp at Windy Gap.  Our team consisted of Chris Cockerham (who was a Young Life leader at Apex High School when I was in High School... for real a dream do do program with this guy!), Matt Williams (he is the Area Director for Western Wake Young Life), and then Clint & I.

This was such a fun weekend full of joy and laughter.  My character was the little sister who wore a glittery too too, I was a celebrity for the weekend for little girls.  It was a really sweet experience!  Clint was the bad guy, R. Cade, which was sad because a lot of children were genuinely scared of him.  

It was also SO fun because Mom and Bigdaddy game to be Adult Guests for the weekend.  They relaxed and enjoyed seeing their children be silly!

This was such a fun weekend especially with the news of moving at the end of the summer to Kinston. We love Raleigh SO much, but more then just the town we love the people!  This was a fun celebration to be with all the families we love so dearly at Windy Gap.

Speaking of Kinston... we are SO excited and feel an abundance of PEACE in regards to this decision of moving to Kinston, NC to begin the minsitry of Young Life!  We have felt so encouraged by people giving us contacts to people they know in the community, texts from friends in Kinston saying there is a buzz around town talking about Clint and Mary coming to town, and people from Kinston weeping with joy because we will be loving the youth in their hometown.  We are excited, but are faithful to finishing strong in Raleigh, enjoying this present day!

I wish we had a video of the entire weekend, but here are a few pictures!

Clint dressed up for the Hoe Down.  Move over Scotty Mcreery!


Clint and I in our western gear:
 Matt, Clint, me, and Chris AKA: Rocky, R. Cade, Wiibecca, and Ricky! 
 So fun to do this with my friends!
 Wiibecca and R. Cade
Have a great day!
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment