Saturday, August 17, 2013

An encouraging week in K-Town

We have celebrated our 1 month birthday in Kinston! And it has been such an encouraging week! For real, such a fun week! 
Monday night: we grilled Spanish Mackerel and had fun visitors over to paint out office/guest room: Leslie Wiggins and Liesel Nix! 

Tuesday night: I lead campaigners at our home with 6 high school friends who went to camp this summer. Then Clint and I went to a Young Life leader interest meeting! And holy smokes! Our hearts were so encouraged! We had prayed that 10 people who be there thinking that was an astronomical goal, but there were 25 people there! Yes! 25 college students and young adults who are interested in being a Young Life leader! There are 9 of us headed to Windy Gap next weekend to enjoy North Carolina's leader weekend! Talk about the lords promises being revealed!

Wednesday: I was invited to a House Church through a local church here in town, Grace. House Churches are their version of Sunday school for adults. I didn't know what to expect, but it was incredible! 6 other girls my age who love in kinston! I keep asking people, where are these people coming from? Another one of the lords promises: friends! It was a very cool unity feeling in the room because 10 of the 12 women in House Church were not originally from kinston!

Thursday night: Clint and I went I Sand in the Streets in kinston where they have live outdoor concerts! Similar to what North hills on Thursday nights! It was so fun! Then we went out to supper with 3 families whom we love! The Mcphaul's, The King's, and the Jenkins'.

Friday: my sweet friend Lauren Richards came to kinston to hang out and eat fro yo! It was so fun to just catch up and be in Kinston with such a sweet friend!! Then Friday night we went to a new restaurant in town called the boiler room! It was AWESOME!!! It is owned By the same people as the chef and the farmer! They specialize in burgers and oysters! For real, this place felt just like Chucks or Raleigh Times! We went to dinner with a fun couple in town Josiah and Lindsay! They are expecting their 3rd baby any day now!

Then this weekend!!!! We are having breakfast with Clint's grandfather in Goldsboro and the 18 of our closest Meredith college and Garner Young Life Team Extended friends will be coming to spend the weekend with us! We are SO excited!

All in all we are growing to love Kinston!

No comments:

Post a Comment