Sunday, December 6, 2015

Lucy is 6 months! (HALF A YEAR! WHAT?!)

I can't even handle my emotions of our baby turning into a little girl!  I can't believe she is 6 months old!  Again, I will say it... This is my favorite age!  I love this little girl oh so much!  She is SO fun!  She really is such a happy dream baby!  She loves to sleep, loves to eat, loves to smile, and loves her mama.  So, what's new this month?  A LOT!

New things about you Lucy:
-You have cut 2 teeth! Your two front bottom teeth.
-With these two front teeth you have eaten your monogram off of your pacifier.  So, I have loved the joke that you are so southern that you are pooping monograms!
-You have celebrated Thanksgiving and slept through most of lunch in your highchair.  But, you have met so many family members!
-You set on Santa's lap and were super smiley and happy!  You asked for new pacifiers, paci straps, and then surprises.
-You can feed yourself your bottle!  And you get very excited when see it!
-You love your toes!  Sometimes they are what cheer you up the best when you are upset.
-You can sit up, as of 4 days ago.  You still topple over sometimes, but you are getting better each day!
-You are on a great schedule of sleeping through the night (up to 12 hours some nights!) and you take a 2 hour nap each afternoon.  Lucy, I love playing with you all day, but I look forward to nap time I have to confess!
-Your Mama had her first weekend away from you.  You had a BIG weekend with your daddy including going deer hunting with him!
-You haven't started reaching for us yet, but when we are holding you, you reach for our faces!
-You are great at reaching for objects and moving them from hand to hand
-You had sweet potatoes for the first time.  You LOVE them!  It is so fun to see you grow up and eat real food!

You Love:
-Your toes
-Any motorboat noises
-Dad's chin on your chest
-Sitting in your bumbo seat
-Sophie the Giraffe
-Your Paci and Paci strap
-you love any face smiling at you!

You Hate:
-being hungry
-being sleepy
-being alone (you have a serious case of F.O.M.O. >>Fear of Missing Out)

You are a little wiggle worm!  You love being independent!  When you are walking one day, you are going to be a hand-full always wanting to be put down!  So, I will cherish these stationary days.

Here you are sitting up so pretty!

Reality: everything in mouth!

Dear Little Lucy,

You are so precious and created SO uniquely!  I love everything about you!  I love your smile when we make eye contact, it does something in my heart that words can't describe.  It is such an honor and gift to watch you grow from a baby to a little girl.  I love watching the world through your big brown eyes.  I look forward to each day with you Lucy.  I love you Little Lu!  Happy half a year of life, I can't imagine mine with out you!

I love you!

Your Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment