Friday, January 29, 2016

Lucy is 7 months!

Happy 7 month old birthday Lucy Rouse!  I cannot believe you are already over half of a year old.  I truly cannot imagine life with out you!  You make life so FULL: full of laughter, full of joy, full of decisions to be made, full of all sorts of emotions!  I wouldn't trade these days with you for anything.

New this month:
-You are sitting up SO well!  It is so fun to leave you in a room sitting and then come back a few moments later and you are still sitting there content playing!
-You love anything and everything in your mouth.
-You still aren't so hot about eating solids.  You started so strong, but you have hit a point where we force feed you a spoon full of sweet potatoes (which you once LOVED) and you cry through it, but LOVE your bottle!
-Your mama is still making her #1 hobby pumping because of your love for bottles
-You still love being swaddled at night time and for your afternoon nap!
-You love bath time!  We are now using bath toys, which are your favorite toys!
-You met one of your moms best friends daughters!  Little baby Sydney Flynt!

-Your schedule is:
//wake up around 9am (praise for a good sleeper!)
//1st bottle
//play for an hour
//nap for an hour
//2nd bottle
//play for an hour
//nap for an hour
//3rd bottle
//play for 45 min
//sleep for 2 hours (this is sacred time y'all)
//solids and 4th bottle
//play for an hour or 2
//cat nap
//5th bottle
//play for 30 min
//night night Lucy!
-Our days are full of hanging out with high school girls, grabbing lunch with friends, running errands, playing, changing diapers, and did I mention pumping?
-We celebrated Christmas about 7 times with all of our families and friends!
-You had your first Christmas!!  Oh it was so fun!  We went to Christmas Eve service at our church here in Kinston.  It was a glow service, and all you wanted to do was eat the glow sticks!  We had fondue after church and watched Home Alone.  We woke up to find that Santa did come!! He brought you bows, shoes, toys, Mickey Mouse ears, clothes, and a piggy bank!
-You welcomed in 2016 while sleeping! Mom and Dad had supper with some friends and then watched the ball drop from the comfort of our recliners.
-You celebrated your cousin, Phoebe's, 3rd birthday in Statesville!

Here are a few pictures of your 7 month photo shoot:

Lucy, may you always love to laugh!  I love this picture that captures you mid giggle!

You are wearing a Mickey shirt because we are headed to Disney 1 day after these pictures were made!

I love your little curls!

And, oh my word you are such a little wiggle worm!


Lucy, Lucy, Lucy!

There are so many things I love about you, but more than anything I need to say thank you!  THANK YOU for making me a Mama, and not just any Mom, but YOUR Mom!  You teach me so much in the way that we love each other.  I love you for no reason at all, nothing that you have done for me, but just because you are mine!   And, that is just how Jesus loves you and me.  It isn't based on anything we have done or anything we can do... but, just because we are His!  I pray that through my love for you that you will come to know Jesus' love.  Lucy you are so dear to me.  You make me laugh and smile like no other person on this planet.  I can't wait to see whats in store for us next month!

I love you!

Love,

Your Mama


No comments:

Post a Comment