Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Kidnapping Thursday



Being placed as a Young Life leader in Raleigh has become EXTREME!  I remember when I was placed as a Young Life Leader in 2005 someone just came and picked me up and I showed up at the first Young Life club... total normal!  

But, now fast forward to 2013... it is a whole production!  I have a HUGE privilege of being a College Life leader in Raleigh with specifically Meredith College girls!  I LOVE MCGs (Meredith College Girls!)  6 of my MCG College Life girls were placed as Young Life/Wyld Life/College Life leaders around Raleigh and Cary last Thursday.  So, back to the kidnapping!  Existing Young Life teams will make these new leaders dress in RIDICULOUS outfits!  My girls were dressed as matadors, 4th of July, Cows, dressed in onsies, blind folded, you can imagine.  Then they were asked to do insane things: eat an entire pack of gum blind folded, search through the Wells Fargo bushes for a sombrero, skip down Hillsborough St. singing, walk into freezing cold creeks,  do scavenger hunts, sing songs, etc!  Then the big reveal is: WELCOME TO ___________ SCHOOL YOUNG LIFE TEAM!  Girls and guys were surprised for sure! So fun to hear all the stories!  


I am SO excited about MADELINE DUKE being a College Life leader at Meredith College.  This is such a sweet friendship: going from one of my dear girls I get to lead and now I get to lead beside her!  So, these are a few pictures of Maddie's kidnapping! (Matador.. get it... Maddie!)


Celebrating at Krispy Kreme! Maddie is a College Life Leader at Meredith College and Liesel is a Wyld Life leader at St. David's!



I have a HUGE heart for Meredith College, but my heart beats just as hard and strong for Garner High School!  This is the NEW complete Young Life team at GHS: welcome Becca Volk (Nolan's little sister!) and Cameron Yonts!!!


The new College Life Team welcoming Maddie Duke!!!

Other funny pictures of my sweet friends being kidnapped:

Maria Fabrizio: Sanderson High School!


 Sarah Fleming: Athens Drive!

Tess Coleman: Middle Creek!


No comments:

Post a Comment