Valentine’s day 2013
What a fun day of the year... an excuse to have a fancier then normal date night. But, really... What I love most about Valentine's Day is that it is a day dedicated to LOVE. When I think about the word LOVE, several things come to my mind: roses (bachelor season...), chick flicks, chocolates, kisses, hugs, boyfriend/girlfriend relationships, dating, etc. But, in reality LOVE is so much more... it's about friendship, sacrifice, serving, encouraging words, selflessness, being intentional, quality time, and the list continues... and thinking of who displays this kind of LOVE most in my life is Jesus. So, instead of thinking of this worldly LOVE that we have created... I so enjoy viewing Valentines day through the lenses of JESUS' LOVE! So, what I am saying... Valentine's Day is about Jesus... His Love! I want to love like Jesus!
“I’ve told you these things for a purpose: that my joy might be your joy, and your joy wholly mature. This is my command: LOVE one another the way I LOVED you. This is the very best way to LOVE. Put your life on the line for your friends. You are my friends when you do the things I command you. I’m no longer calling you servants because servants don’t understand what their master is thinking and planning. No, I’ve named you friends because I’ve let you in on everything I’ve heard from the Father."
John 15:11-13
A few photos for your viewing enjoyment!
Valentine's Breakfast, thank you Pintrest for this fun idea of heart shaped cinnamon rolls!
Date Night for Japanese... Mom, please forgive our table manners!
I hope you feel LOVED this day!
In his GREAT LOVE,
Mary



No comments:
Post a Comment