Just like that a month goes by and here we are. It has been a FUN past couple of weeks consisting of trips to Washington D.C., Teresa getting married, Leigh getting married, and celebrating 3 years of marriage.
So, here we go!
We went to Washington D.C. for Clint's Uncles wedding. It was seriously the nicest wedding I will ever go to. It was in the Willard Hotel. I wasn't that familiar with the Hotel, so I Googled it like any other human would do. I found out that this is the Hotel where President Lincoln had is inaugural celebration when he became president, the Hotel where Martin Luther King Jr. wrote his I have a dream speech. This was quite the historical place to be married in D.C. It was BEAUTIFUL! The floral arrangements consisted of Cherry Blossom TREES, they had a great band, delicious 6 course meal... It was great! Thank you for including us in your weekend Brandt and David!
Here is my Hot wedding date...
Then, the very next weekend... Teresa and Radford got married at Camp Cheerio! I don't know where to begin with this wedding, it was so genuine, emotional, and beautiful! Radford was the most precious groom not hiding a single emotion. I have never seen a groom look at his bride the way he looked at Teresa. Camp Cheerio was the perfect back drop for this wedding, this is how they met and where they fell in love. I am so thankful for Teresa as my big sister and it was such a GIFT to be included as one of her Bridesmaids. Happy Marriage to Teresa and Radford! #HydeyourkidsHydeyourwifes
Then, Leigh Kellerman got married!!! My best friend on this planet earth! What a fun weekend! Leigh is that friend that knows me and gets me the most, she can make me laugh harder than any person, she points me to Jesus in every conversation and interaction, she is my sister, my bestfriend, my ROOTS. We have been best friends for 19 years... (Wow! Feeling old in this moment!) She and Brently are literally the most attractive couple I have ever been around. I mean, really? It is going to be a shame to see how beautiful their children look. But anyways back to their wedding, Leigh was a glowing bride overflowing with Joy! She was so calm and confident. Yet, so elegant and silly at the same time. I would not be the person I am today if it weren't for Leigh! Cannot wait to live life beside you Whitackers! Love y'all!
We celebrated 3 years of Marriage! For our anniversary we boarded a plane and headed to Colorado! It blows my mind that we have been married for THREE years! It seems just like yesterday that I got to marry my best friend in Beaufort, NC in front of everyone we love! I love reflecting on that sweet day where we vowed to love one another for the rest of our lives. It was the best decision I have ever made in my life and I can genuinely say to you Clint Rouse that loving you is the greatest JOY and GIFT in my life! Happy Anniversary Clint Rouse! Thank you for how you love me selflessly every day and point me to Jesus as I fall in love with you and Jesus in you.
And now... here we are in Buena Vista, Colorado for the next month serving at Frontier Ranch. My hope is it to be able to write more here. Because let's be honest my only obligation the next 3 1/2 weeks is to rest. I don't even know what to do with myself! Clint and I go SO hard in life, some people might find it unhealthy how much we go and do. So, I now get to sit, bet still, read, go on hikes, make new friends, sleep, repeat. For example, today is the first day we have been at camp (we don't have campers yet, they come Sunday!) But, my day has looked like this: I woke up at 5:30am (dang time change...), went back to bed, ate delicious breakfast that I didn't have to cook (thank you work crew!), went on a 3 mile hike (really it was a walk, but these hills are killer for an ENC girl), took a nap, ate lunch, and now I am sitting in our sweet little apartment reading, typing, drinking Chai, and listening to a babbling brook right outside our porch. I mean... does life get any better? I wish you could all be here with me!
I am sorry for the long post, but there was just a lot to share. Until next time!






I am honored to know you and call you friend. I love the stories of life you shared. The beautiful unions of precious couples and the celebration of your own marriage--what a special day I will never forget. You, my dear, are WISE to rest. Take it from one who knows "running hard" hand in hand with her partner and best friend...pacing is good. When life gives you a bit of a breather you MUST take it. Proud of you and your sweet hubby for the adventures you have chosen and for the millions more you will discover together with Him as your author!
ReplyDelete