Saturday, May 31, 2014

48 Hours

I cannot believe we have only been at this beautiful place for only 48 hours.  528 hours to enjoy at Frontier Ranch.

With Clint being on Young Life staff in Kinston the school year is FULL of events and relationships.  Then the summer comes around... Young Life slow downs in our town, so Young Life places Young Life Staff people like Clint at Young Life camps across the country to work for a month.  Clint's job this summer at Frontier is to be a Head Leader, so in a nut shell this means he will be the leader of Young Life leaders here that bring their High School friends, he will keep the schedule, and make sure that kid's are behaving.

 I learned a CRAZY fact yesterday about Young Life camping... so, yesterday over 100 Work Crew and Summer Staff (High School and College Students) who volunteer for the month to serve in roles like: cooking, serving food, laundry, life guard, landscaping, etc... Can I say it again that they VOLUNTEER, they pay their way to come, to work for free this month.  Okay, so anyways... Each week there are roughly 400 campers that come and fill these cabins at Frontier.  That is a 4 to 1 worker to camper ratio.  There is no camp, hotel, resort in the world with that kind of ratio.  I love how Young Life does camping in  such an over the top and excellent way.

Frontier Picture of the day:


These days have been so beautiful: mornings full of sunshine, then the clouds role in in the afternoon, and then it cools off and is nice and crisp and clear at night time.  This is the view from camp looking on to the Rocky Mountains.

So, since I have all of this incredible time to rest and be still I wanted to share with you what I am filling my time with.  I recommend all of you to visit your local book store or go to Amazon to download this book:

Jesus the King!  It is the BEST book I have ever read.  Timothy Keller is brilliant as he walks us through the book of Mark giving such great history and detail of the Gospel.  I have been reading it in the form of reading a chapter of this book and then reading the chapter in Mark that Timothy Keller explains.  This book has made my time with Jesus a time that I crave!  I will share a few experts that I love later this month.  But, if you are needing a "pick-me-up" in your Quiet Times, go buy this book!

Well, until next time!  I hope you are having a great time!

P.S.: If you wanted to send us some good old snail mail while we are here is our mailing address:
Frontier Ranch
Attn: Clint and Mary Rouse
P.O. Box 2025
Buena Vista, CO 81211

No comments:

Post a Comment