On the last night of camp in Club the tradition with Young Life is to have a "say so." This saying comes from Psalm 107:2, "Let the redeemed of the Lord SAY SO!" So, if a camper has accepted Jesus into their heart while at Young Life summer camp they will stand up and SAY SO. It is a beautiful thing to see these High School students stand up and declare they are all in with Jesus! And, this is why we do this thing called assignment at a Young Life camp. And guess what, 109 students stood up at SAY SO last night! 109 new believers of Jesus! That is nearly 25% of the camp decided to begin a relationship with Jesus! And who knows how many campers were intimidated to stand and make that statement... WOW! This is the night I begin to weep watching leaders have their arms around their high school friends as they say the most important word of their life.
These sweet relationships remind me of my Young Life leader, Jenni Cockerham. Jenni, I am so thankful for you and how you were so intentional with me in high school, asking me hard questions, meeting with me early in the morning, pointing me to Jesus, encouraging me, believing in me to become a Young Life leader, walking through life with me, leading Clint and I in premarital counseling, being a constant reminder of what obedience to the Lord looks like! These nights also remind me of the dozens of friends I have gotten the honor stand beside at "Say So" as their leader. I am so thankful for all of you sweet friends that the Lord has given me the privilege to love over the years at Leesville Road High School, Garner High School, N.C. State University, Meredith College, and Parrott Academy.
So, here are a few snap shots of my favorite things from this past week...
Favorite thing #1: The BUSES are here!! Welcoming all the Campers to Frontier! P.S.: Most of these campers have been on this bus for atleast 2 days! AH!
Favorite thing #2: It is so fun standing at the top of camp waiting for the buses to come to the top of the hill before going down into camp! (P.S.: This is like the classic Frontier Ranch picture at the main entrance)
Favorite thing #3: Have I told you how much I love my husband? I love Clint Rouse more than anything on this planet and I LOVE watching him in his element... aka leading Young Life! Clint is a Head Leader at Frontier, so he is upfront a lot and I get giddy watching him reminding myself that I get to do life beside this man for the rest of my life. Okay, you can throw up now... ha! But, here is welcoming the campers to club. And, how awesome is this club room? Yes, that is a mounted black bear and mountain lion.
Favorite thing #4: The night that never ends! On this night there is event, after event, after event! By far the best night at Frontier! Campers dress in all western gear and enjoy a square dance and carnival!
And, yes we wear more than carhartt overalls while at camp... It just happens to be what we are wearing in every picture we take...


No comments:
Post a Comment