So, I have always been fascinated by photography. I love taking pictures of people and capturing emotion to be remembered. I purchased a Nikon D40 when I graduated college in 2009 and have always had the dial set to the green auto square.
So, fast forward to moving to Kinston.... Clint and I met Josiah and Lindsay Corrigan who instantly became dear friends. Little fun fact, Lindsay is a photographer (an incredible photographer!) And she was on the look out for a new assistant to help with her shoots, so of course I told her PLEASE! I did everything but get on my knees to beg for the opportunity to learn from Lindsay... She took me as her assistant! Which now has led to being an intern with 311 Photography! Check out Lindsay's blog here: 311 Photography.
Last month Lindsay allowed me to purchase one of her cameras that I have made the deal with myself to keep it on Manual and become comfortable with setting the aperture, shutter speed, ISO, white balance, ect! Then, to add to the excitement even more... I got to shoot a Senior Shoot with 3 of my sweet Young Life Senior girls! Lindsay trained me through out the shoot how to choose lighting, how to pose, and how to capture images that Mimi, Charlotte, and Sallie would treasure.
Here are a few of my favorite images of these beautiful girls!
Meet Sallie Sylvester... This girl can make me laugh until my sides hurt and has the best stories. I am so thankful that we have been instant friends for the past year and a half! This is Richlands finest right here.... She will be attending Ole Miss (or as of now that is what she is thinking) next fall! Love you Sa!
Meet Charlotte Snead. This girl is as sweet as sweet tea with a side of Bo Berry Biscuits. Isn't it obvious why Char was the homecoming queen this year at APA? She is not only just beautiful on the outside, but SO beautiful on the inside! I am so thankful for your gentle spirit and servant heart Char! Love you friend!
Meet Mimi Piner. I love this girl right here! She is my go to girl for all things Young Life. She can lead a skit with no problem or serve 600 campers a meal at Crooked Creek with no sweat. I don't know what I will do with out you next year Mimi. I am glad you will be close and hopefully at N.C. State next fall (now that's my girl right there, GO PACK!)







No comments:
Post a Comment