I mean... Does it get any better than this y'all? Beaufort, NC is some kind of special to me! On that dock right there is where I knew I wanted to marry Clint Rouse! On that dock right is where we had our wedding pictures made! I love sitting on that dock in all seasons! And now today I sit looking at it escaping the chaos of the fall in Kinston. LOVE the fall, but it is exhausting! (It's kind of a love hate relationship)
But, like I said.. Today has been a gift to hit the breaks and just sit and be still! My day has been filled with reading, napping, journaling, walking, eating delicious crab bisque from Taylor's Creek Grocery, shopping down town (yes, those Wolfpack red toms I got for a whopping $13!). It has been a great day!
As I sit and read in the quietness the has been a theme for the past 3 weeks and I think the Lord really wants me to get it, because it keeps coming up again. It all started at women's weekend... One of Jen Hatmaker's main points was that we cannot make God known to others if we have forgotten that we are known by him. We have to claim our identidy (we are beloved children of the most high God!) before we GO and love people like Jesus would. I mean, can I get a virtual amen?! I am the worst at this because I am always in GO mode! I love saying yes! I love doing God's work! I love feeling purposeful in my actions! But, this was a HUGE reminder that I have to be still! I have to come before God daily be filled with his love. Because if I'm not doing that, what am I giving people?
And then today, the Lord did it again!
Everyone should go to Amazon right now and peer this book..
"Relationship is more important than responsibility. It's about making Jesus your life and then letting the ministry flow out of that relationship."
OR this excerpt...
I love how the Lord can reveal the same message in different ways to us! But, I hope this post has been encouraging to you today and that in this moment you can know that you are fully loved by God.... More than anything or anyone in this world!



No comments:
Post a Comment