Sunday, February 28, 2016

Lucy is 8 Months!

This.
 Girl.
 Is.
 8 Months.
 Old.
I can't even handle this! 8 months!  She has almost been alive outside of me as long as she was inside of!  Can you believe it?  On one hand I think she has been here forever, and on the other hand it feels like she just got here.  Oh, the joys of being a parent!  I love being Lucy's parent!

So, what's new this month?  Other than I want to freeze you right where you are, you are the BEST age!  You sit right where we put you, you play so contently, you only cry when you are sleepy or hungry!  Clint and I joke that your nick name is "D.B. aka Dream Baby"

New things and places this month:

-You went to Disney World!  You were the best baby!  You closed down Hollywood Studios, Universal Studios, and Islands of Adventure!  While your mom, dad, and Uncle Radford rode all the rides you hung out with Aunt Teresa (who was 7 months pregnant!)
-I spent my first 3 nights away from you for Stacey's wedding.  Oh, I cried so much being away from you for 4 days!  Lord knows what I will do this summer at YL camp...
-You were dedicated at church!  Your daddy and I promised to lead you on a path towards Jesus, to make Jesus number one in our hearts and home, and to do all we can in our power to guide you to him!  You were precious up front!  My favorite parts of the day were you eating Jason's Bible, your great grandmother, Betty, saying a special blessing over you.  We had all of your family to church and for a big lunch at our home after!  Such a special day!  Might be my favorite one since you were born!

-You now wear Pig Tails!  Oh, be still my heart after these little piggies.
-Still just 2 teeth, but the drool... oh the drool
-No more swaddle at night! You escaped the velcro straps that kept your little arms still for 8 months!
(Now you love to role and move all around your crib at night!)
-You love bananas! for real... LOVE them!
-If you could eat every meal out of a pouch you would
-You got your flu shot and didn't even cry!
-You love playing the game, "Where's Lucy!?"
-You had your first couple of licks of a blow pop!  I think one of your teeth is a sweet one!
-You had your first table food at your mommy and daddy's favorite restaurant!  A french fry from the Boiler Room!
-You now eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner! and down 4 5-oz bottles a day... you still love momma's milk.
-Your big brother had his ACL repaired.  You have been so sweet sharing your toys as he is on the mend!

No comments:

Post a Comment