Friday, May 6, 2016

Lucy is 11 Months!

11 months! 1 more month y'all until Lucy is 1 year old!  This is becoming my favorite season mixed with Mother's Day approaching and Lucy's birthday!  I am having all the mama feels: from crying to laughing, from snuggles to escaping reality.  

I am clinging on to every moment.  Moments like holding Lucy tight while she has her bottle still filled with nutrients that my body makes (still amazed... but kinda SO ready to give her cows milk). Treasuring moments like when she wakes up at night because she can't find her paci and I get to rock her back to sleep.  Loving the times she looks up at me and says "dada."  The saying is true, "babies don't keep."

This 11th month of life has been FULL!  Oh, I love these days with Lucy!  We play hard, sleep hard, and eat hard.  REPEAT!  Oh, but I love it.  It is such a joy, honor, and privilege to be Lucy's mama.  

Things we have done this month:

-You have visited your second Young Life Camp for our first Family Camp at Carolina Point.  SO excited to spend a month there this summer.
-You spent two weekends at the beach!
-You went to your first Prom... well kinda!  We went to take pictures!
-On April 23rd you said "Mama!" <-----SO FUN
-You went swimming with friends at the Woodmen 
-You love giving High Fives!
-You clap and bounce while sitting and wave your arms when you get excited!

Things about you I don't want to forget!
-You will not sit still while getting your diaper changed.  To the point we had to order a "PooPoose" that is proven to keep a baby still while changing a diaper.  Best $60 we have spent.
-You LOVE Easter Eggs.  Specifically an orange one that you carry around.
-You still love your paci and bottle.
-You love Reynolds.  You get most excited when he comes in the room.  And are always looking for him.  He is warming up to you more.
-You love a book! 
-You love little details of things.  You are super observant!





No comments:

Post a Comment