The news is public! It feels like Clint and I have been keeping the biggest secret of our life (for the second time...same feelings and emotions to when we were pregnant with Lucy).
YES! We are pregnant AGAIN! Praise the Lord! We can't wait to continue to grow the Rouse House. It is such a privilege and joy to be carrying another life inside of me. People ask several questions, was this an accident? Does this pregnancy feel different? Have you been sick? Are you freaking out about having a newborn and a "terrible two" year old.
And YES. To almost all of those except this pregnancy was no accident.
Clint and I both want to have a large family and to have our children close in age. So, Lord willing we were able to become pregnant again. Our hope and prayer is for Lucy and this new child to be CLOSE. Not only close in age, but close friends.
YES...This pregnancy does feel different. That have been several days early on that I forgot I was pregnant. I had to stop myself from grabbing the cookie dough, deli meat, and sushi. But, I have been more emotional time this time around (may be the hormones), but I am pretty confident it is because I know what is it come and IT IS SO SWEET... and so so so exhausting.
And YES, I have felt sick! yuck! I have only thrown up once (sorry TMI). But, boy have I been nauseated and have had zero appetite which made the sick to my stomach worse... Just nothing sounded tasty from week 6 to week 11. But, now... BRING ON ALL THE FOOD.
YES, YES, YES... I know we will have our hands full. We will have 2 under the age of 2 for almost 3 months. Pray for me. The Lord is good. I am confident in HIS timing and HIS goodness. May this season draw me closer to Jesus and that I can depend on him all the more for all energy and patience.
I have been reminded over and over again in pregnancy and raising a child that Jesus has given me this opportunity to nurture, guide, and disciple these babies that they may come to know Him ultimately. I have been reading Missional Motherhood (shamless plug: everyone needs to read this book) and it has been so refreshing to my soul. A few little experts that have changed my mindset on motherhood:
"Christ created motherhood for himself. Since God is the creator and we are the created, God is the one who gets to design motherhood."
"He created human life in his image; so smile, mom. Because God is profound, his design for your motherhood is profound."
"Being a disciple maker (aka a mom) means that the gospel is our one, main message...Making disciples is the priority of missional motherhood... The gospel is not good advice for moms; it is life-giving news."
AND THIS RIGHT HERE KICKED ME IN THE GUT>>>
" No maternal glory, missional ministry, or nurturing accomplishment can bear the burden of cleansing your sin...It feels like our biggest need is a car that runs better, or a child who obeys fully, or a friend we can confide in, or a husband who appreciates us, or a church that values our gifting, or a ministry that fulfills us, or a body we ar proud of, or a bank account that doesn't worry us. Any one of those things may feel like the biggest, most pressing need we have. But they all pale in comparison to our need to stand in the presence of God, to whom all glory, majesty, dominion, and authority belong forever."
(Ok... so have I sold you on this book?)
So, I will leave you with these simple prayers through scripture. Jesus is so good. He knows our desires. He knows the hair on your head. He is the creator and giver of NEW LIFE. Not only new lungs being formed in my inner most parts, but He is the giver of NEW LIFE IN HIM! Jesus is the giver and author of FULL life found in him.
Lamentations 3:21-24
" But this I call to mind, and therefore I have hope: The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. The Lord is my portion," says my soul, "therefore I will hope in him."
1 Thessalonians 4:7 (The Message)
"God hasn't invited us into a disorderly, unkempt life but into something HOLY and BEAUTIFUL-as beautiful on the inside as the outside."
Oh, and here are some fun sweet pictures to announce this fun NEW FULL season.
(Photo creds go to the very talented Lindsay Corrigan!)






That's wonderful! Disregard my email, since I was able to continue to this part of your blog. I'm so happy for you and Clint! Please comment on my blog when you have free time: http://findingnemo22.blogspot.com/
ReplyDeleteThat's wonderful! Disregard my email, since I was able to continue to this part of your blog. I'm so happy for you and Clint! Please comment on my blog when you have free time: http://findingnemo22.blogspot.com/
ReplyDelete