Friday, March 14, 2014

BAE

"BAE."

If you hang out with high school girls on a weekly basis you hear this saying about just about anything.  That boyfriend...BAE.  That ice cream.. BAE.  That new puppy... BAE. Your best friend...BAE.  That emoji... BAE.  That celebrity... BAE. All this BAE talk for the past couple of months and I had no idea what it was... I just assumed it was an abbreviation for baby.

I was wrong...

BAE is like the new BFF.  BFF stands for Best Friends Forever.  And this was the cool saying while I was a teenager, which was 8 years ago! WHAT, when did I get to be old and in my late 20s. But, BAE means Before Anyone Else.  Yes, my mind was blown when I heard the news of this new abbreviation.  That you would love something so much you would put them before anyone else.  I kinda love these 3 letters which for a 1 syllable word.

SO, my prayer for my friends for the past couple of weeks is that Jesus would become their BAE.  Is that a strange and trendy prayer? Well, yep.  But, I think if my friends truly grasped how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ for them would they put Jesus as their BAE.  That is my prayer that they would find full life in Jesus as we put him first in our life!

Hosea 6:3, "Let us acknowledge the Lord; let us press on to acknowledge him (aka: make him our BAE).  As surely as the sun rises, he will appear; he will come us like the winter rains, like the spring rains that water the earth."

I LOVE that truth, that we never have to doubt that the Lord will be there.  Each day he is as SURE AS THE SUN RISING! What a reminder.  So, if you would like to feel encouraged and filled up you should listen to this song: Ellie Holcomb is the BOMB.

So, who is your BAE?

No comments:

Post a Comment