Saturday, March 8, 2014

Have we ever wanted Spring SO bad?

All in favor of Spring time, warm weather, and sunshine!?

I am SO ready for this rainy cold season to be over! Heck, I am even ready for some mosquitos to come infest our yard as long as we can have some sunshine...

Well, it has been a while since I have posted in the Rouse House blog.... Our life has been rather calm since the new semester has begun.  So, what have we been up to?  Let's see... We have been driving to Raleigh for NCSU Basketball games at least once a week to cheer on the Wolfpack (they need some cheerling these days), leading Young Life clubs on Monday nights when they haven't been snowed out, working at Chick-fil-A, oh and Clint went to Colorado for a week.

Yes, Clint went to Colorado for a WHOLE week.  This was a huge milestone in our family because I lived in Kinston by myself with out my best friend, my roommate, and my husband.  Clint has been a huge comfort in this transition moving from Raleigh to Kinston.  But, I survived!! I lived in Kinston on my own!  And, the GREAT part is that I didn't hate it, I kinda liked it!  I had sweet time with girl friends, had supper with YL friends, rested well, went on many of walks with my 4-legged best friend.  Of course, I would prefer my other half to be here, but I would say this was one huge step for man kind with me enjoying K-Troit on my own (new nick name for Kinston, like Detroit, but K-Troit... get it?).

So, Clint left on a Monday morning and was supposed to arrive home late that following sunday morning.  But, something happened in the clouds that I can't really explain, but it's name was TITAN! Storm Titan hit the mid west and cancelled every flight on Sunday... So, Clint made it to Washington, DC where he had great quality time with J.Blake Sunday night.  And then Monday flights were canceled out of DC, so Clint took the train from DC to Raleigh.  This train ride which normally takes 4 and a half hours took 11 hours! Yes... Clint was on this one train for 11 hours!  He could have flown to Europe in that same time!  But, praise the LORD Clint is home! Yay!  Life is back to it's normal schedule!

So, side note and fun note: Clint and I will be spending a month in Colorado this summer at Frontier Ranch! Clint will be one of the Head Leaders and I guess you could call me the assistant to the Head Leader that can be found by the pool reading a book or napping in her bed! Yes, I look forward to these assignments.  Especially with out children this is such a gift to a spouse of a YL Area Director.  No cooking, cleaning, working, just to support and encourage my husband and to rest! PRAISE! And, so thankful that my boss is allowing me to go! What a gift right?  The Lord provides!

So, it is hard to not post a single picture on a blog for you to see... But, I don't really have any (lame..) So, I will post a picture of my 4-legged son, the most joyful and loyal creation I have ever met, my 4-legged best friend: Reynolds Rouse!

I mean really... Can it get any cuter!?  Most of my friends are posting pictures of their precious children on instagram or blogs... But, as for me and our house we will post Reynolds!

No comments:

Post a Comment